My turnings can be found in the following locations in the local communities, in the Twin Cities area, and in Wisconsin and Montana:
- Check out my Etsy shop - TurningsbyMaryLacer
- Custom Made - Mary Lacer Woodturning
Teaching, Gallery Exhibits and Shows
- Minnetonka Center for the Arts Gift Shop, Minnetonka, MN - ongoing; 2018 Arts of the Holiday Show and Sale - Nov 9-Dec 22; opening reception - Nov 8 - 6:00-9:00 pm;
- Orange Dragon, Holiday Exhibit, Oct 31-Dec 23, 122 Orange St, Prescott, WI;
- The Maker's Studio, 400 2nd St, Excelsior, MN - ongoing;
News, Teaching Opportunities and Exhibits!
I was first introduced to woodturning in the late 70's while taking a cabinetmaking course and left flatwork behind to pursue turning wood on the lathe. The first item I turned was a lamp. From there I moved on to everything from tops, vases, miniatures, plates, bowls and hollow forms to huge platters turned outboard, since the maximum swing on my lathe was 12". After turning for 20 years or so, I started to concentrate on useful items for fun, culinary use, personal care and products used in the home.
Over 40 years later I still get excited about a new process or new wood that I haven't turned before. The ongoing discovery of woodturning keeps me young.
Committed to helping people realize the enjoyment woodturning can bring them.